The prospects of face-to-face Club activities picking up early in the New Year are not looking too promising, so we’re kicking off the Virtual Slideshows again in January – A dose of Zoom to help lift the Gloom!
We’ll be running fortnightly shows with the same format as last Spring: 7pm ‘Doors Open’ for 7:30 ‘Kick Off’ and approx. 40mins ‘Show’ followed by 20mins Q&A and optional ‘breakout pub chats’ at 8.30pm.
Here are the dates and provisional topics:
• 5 Jan – Bill Deakin & Dominic Oughton – The Diamond & The Black; Climbing in Colorado
• 19 Jan – John Beatty – Islands
• 2 Feb – Joe Fisher – Winter Cuillin Traverse
• 16 Feb – John Warburton – Gouffre Berger
• 2 March – Andy Tomlinson & Andy Llewellyn– Rolwaling, Nepal
• 16 March – Another once-a-year Weekend Adventure – Phil Smith, Mark Jenneson & Richard Clegg
The Zoom details for ALL OF THESE SHOWS are:
Meeting ID: 912 7124 0405
Passcode: The year of founding of The Rucksack Club
Meanwhile, if you have a story and a few pics you’d like to share, then please get in touch – I’m taking bookings for end-March onwards 🙂
Otherwise, wishing you all the very best Christmas possible in these circumstances, and looking forward to ‘Getting out There’ again in the New Year!